The filing deadline for the spring election was April 9. Here is who will be on the ballot June 8. Keep your eye on The Press. We will list candidates from throughout the region daily in addition to stories on area races throughout the month.
- County Commission: Roger Chinn - Incumbent, Richard Lawlar - Incumbent, Cameron Arnegard
- Auditor: Jodi Hayden Hanson, Sarah A. Billing
- State's attorney: Dennis Edward Johnson
- Recorder: Ann Johnsrud
- Treasurer: Linda Svihovec
- Sheriff: Ron Rankin
- Official newspaper: McKenzie County Farmer
- Issue: Should the present 911 emergency services communication connection fee, not to exceed $1 per month, be continued Jan. 1 for an initial six-year period?
- City Council (two positions): Chad Simonson, Harvey Vedders
- Park Board (two positions, four-year terms): Dusty Bratsberg, Ed Rettig
- Park Board (two-year unexpired term): No declared candidate
- Mayor: Virginia Elliot
- City Council (two four-year terms): Jeffrey Kindel, Bryan Bjornstad - Incumbent
- Mayor: Kent Pelton, Brent Sanford
- City Council Ward 1: Kris Pacheco
- City Council Ward 2: David Uhlich
- City Council Ward 3: Shane Homiston
- Park Board (three positions): Justin Johnsrud, Carolyn Liebel, Roy Degenstein
- Issue: Should Watford City enter into a water supply contract with McKenzie County Water Resources District to supply citizens of Watford City with a treated water supply from the Missouri River?
McKenzie County School District No. 1
- Area 1 School Board member: Pam Ramage
- Areas 2 and 3 School Board member: Gary Bruins
- Areas 4 and 5 School Board member: Beth Veeder
- Issue: Should McKenzie County Public School District No. 1, McKenzie County, publish a record of the proceedings of the School District Board in the official newspaper of the School District?
Alexander School District No. 2
- School Board member (two positions): Larry Novak, Misty Powell
- Issue: Should Alexander Public School District No. 2, McKenzie County, publish a record of the proceedings of the School District Board in the official newspaper of the School District?
Yellowstone School District No. 14
- School Board member (three positions, four-year terms): Duane Danielson, Rodney Elken, Doug Gullikson
- School Board member (two-year term): Jessica Cayko