City of Dickinson updates construction projects
The city of Dickinson is updating residents on the status of some of the several construction projects ongoing this summer:
- The contractor working on Empire Road west of State Avenue has notified the city that the second of road will be closed through the remainder of the construction season.
- The construction on Energy Drive and Lehigh Road extending to the city landfill is almost complete with some utility work to finish.
- Work crews are present at 10th Avenue West and 29th Street West, though there will be no impact to traffic.
- The west gravity sewer line project will close Fifth Street Southwest from Third Avenue West to Second Avenue West this week. Residents on the block will be without driveway access for part of the week. The project consists of three phases. Each phase will run in one-block stretches. The full project will take about six weeks to complete.
- The city will begin preparing for the yearly chip seal project around the Fourth of July. Prep work includes pothole patching, pavement digouts and asphalt paving. Residents are asked to avoid on-street parking during the time when work is being conducted in their neighborhood.