Dakota Recreation Report
- Lake Sakakawea elevation Wednesday, 1,842.6 feet above mean sea level with Garrison Dam average daily releases of 13,000 cubic feet per second.
- North Dakota Game and Fish Department District Game Wardens: Continued Missouri River walleye success.
- Bowman, Bowman-Haley Dam Marina, Bowman-Haley Dam: Some activity on the lake but no recent reports.
- Bismarck, Dakota Tackle, Missouri River/area lakes: Missouri River continues producing walleye around the Rifle Range and Fort Rice using minnows and jigs. Also try trolling crankbaits. Try casting crankbaits at the Heskett Plant or in the tailrace.
- Dickinson, Andrus Outdoors, Lake Sakakawea/area lakes: Missouri River tailrace remains good for walleye with continued success from the rocks at night using Husky Jerks crankbaits. Lake Tschida remains good for walleye using vertical jigs. No reports from Lake Sakakawea. Game and Fish eradicated Patterson Lake and it will be stocked.
- Dickinson, Runnings Farm & Fleet, Lake Sakakawea/area lakes: Missouri River continues producing walleye using large crankbaits. During the day, better success seems to be from boats, though night bite from shore continues. Lake Tschida producing walleye using jigs or Lindy rigs and minnows. Try 14 to 25 feet.
- Glen Ullin, Fitterer's Inc., Lake Tschida: Anglers going to Lake Tschida continued finding some walleye.
- New Town, Van Hook Bait & Tackle, Lake Sakakawea: Not much activity.
- Pick City, Scott's Bait & Tackle, Lake Sakakawea/Missouri River: Missouri River remains good for walleye from boats using live bait or plastics. Continued activity from the rocks at night casting crankbaits from shore. Some activity by the boat ramp.
- Watford City, One-Stop, Lake Sakakawea: Some activity on Lake Sakakawea but recent reports.
- Williston, Scenic Sports, Lake Sakakawea: Continued Missouri River activity near Williston. Not many anglers but those going to Lake Sakakawea continue getting some walleye.
- NDGF District Game Wardens: Fair pheasant success in McLean and Sheridan counties. Good numbers of Canada geese in areas with large open water, including snow geese along portions of Lake Sakakawea.
- Northwest: Fair numbers of Canada geese around Williston yet. Look for fair late season pheasant success. Most waterfowl moved out around areas surrounding Minot but good goose numbers, including snow geese, around the midsection of Lake Sakakawea.
- Southwest.: Good late season pheasant opportunities remain with better success likely south of Dickinson. Fair success in parts of McKenzie County. Take advantage of the late season warm weather Look for fair muzzleloader success with rut still on in some places.
- West-central: Good numbers of pheasant for late season hunting. Audubon National Wildlife Refuge open for late season pheasant hunting. Check headquarters for regulations, which includes the use of nontoxic shot. Good numbers of snow geese and Canada geese along portions of the east end of Lake Sakakawea.
Numbers to know
- NDGF main Bismarck office: 701-328-6300; Web site, http://gf.nd.gov.
- NDGF Dickinson office: 701-227-7431.
- Report poachers: 800-472-2121.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Bismarck, Web site, www.fws.gov/northdakotafieldoffice.