Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Keeping pets safe from Thanksgiving feasts

Email News Alerts

JAMESTOWN, N.D. -- Gary Pearson will never forget the German shepherd that quit eating after Thanksgiving.

The dog had a turkey neck bone lodged in its esophagus.

Advertisement

"That was an early reminder to me that holidays can present some special hazards," said Pearson, who was a veterinary student at the time and now works at Prairie Veterinary Hospital in Jamestown.

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Activate your account.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Call (701) 225-8111 and we can help you.

Advertisement
Advertisement