NDSU's Hettinger Research Extension Center Schedules Beef Research Review
The North Dakota State University Hettinger Research Extension Center will hold a beef research review, "Strategies to Enhance Production Profitability in Uncertain Times," on Thursday, Feb. 5. The event will be held at the center from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. MST.
The seminar will highlight beef cattle research conducted at the HREC, NDSU and Mandan USDA-Agricultural Research Service during the past year.
Topics to be covered include:
* Using livestock risk protection effectively
* The use of aerial photography for rangeland monitoring as compared with traditional ground methods
* Short-term fat supplementation effects on beef cow reproduction and growth performance
* Raising natural beef for North Dakota Natural Beef LLC
* Economics of market cow feeding
The event is free, but the registration deadline is Feb. 2.
A free lunch will be served. The lunch is sponsored by the Hettinger Chamber of Commerce Agriculture Committee.
For more information, contact Michele Thompson, HREC Southwest Feeders Project coordinator, at (701) 567-4323.