Thanksgiving help wanted
As the holidays approach, Forum Communications needs your help to make them tastier than ever this year.
We're working on a multimedia Thanksgiving cooking project and want to hear about your favorite recipes, traditions and memories. Here are the categories that we need your help in:
- Secrets to making a great turkey
- Turkey recipes
- Thanksgiving meal horror stories (fires, raw turkey, pie fell on the floor, had to order pizza, etc.)
- Turkey cooking questions. You ask. We'll get you answers
- Cooking questions about any aspect of Thanksgiving: pies, sides, salads, etc.
- Recipes for favorite Thanksgiving side dishes (stuffing, cultural favorites, salads, etc.)
- What are some easy recipes to let kids help with the Thanksgiving feast?
- Families that make Thanksgiving cooking a family affair, not just Mom in the kitchen.
- Healthy Thanksgiving recipes, including recipes for diabetics, etc.
- Thanksgiving dessert recipes
- Your advice on how to make it through a stressful cooking day
- Favorite Thanksgiving memories/traditions
- Leftovers: What are your recipes to get rid of the 10 tons of leftover turkey?
- Thanksgiving for one (or two): What are some smaller, easier recipes to still make Thanksgiving feel like Thanksgiving but without the big production?
- Sneak peak to Christmas. Share favorite holiday baking memories and recipes.
All responses can be sent to Teri Finneman at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to her at The Forum, State Capitol Press Room, Bismarck, ND 58505. Feel free to email photos of your fantastic dishes, of your family making them, etc. Be sure to include photo captions.
Teri will also select certain recipes to be featured in online cooking demonstrations, so be sure to let her know if you'd be willing to help her out with that.
All responses should include your name, city, state and a phone number to reach you to ask any additional questions. All responses are due by Oct. 15.