Letter to the Editor: Numerous reasons to vote Greenwood in as judgeDann Greenwood wants to serve southwest North Dakota as a district judge.
Dann Greenwood wants to serve southwest North Dakota as a district judge.
When I think of Greenwood, I think of his service to his community, to his profession and to his church. Mostly, however, I think of him as the epitome of the Eagle Scout that he is. I can think of very few people who, throughout their lives, have been committed to live by the Scout law, which states a Scout is:
- Trustworthy (he tells the truth, is honest, keeps his promises and is dependable);
- Loyal (true to his family, friends, community and nation);
- Helpful (cares about other people and volunteers without payment or reward);
- Friendly (offers friendship and respect to people of all races and nations);
- Courteous (polite to all and knows it takes good manners for people to get along);
- Kind (treats others as he wants to be treated);
- Obedient (follows the rules and laws of his community and country);
- Cheerful (takes on tasks that are given to him with good spirit and humor);
- Thrifty (works to pay his own way and carefully uses time and property);
- Brave (has the courage to stand for what he thinks is right);
- Clean (keeps his body and mind fit and clean and chooses to live with high standards);
- Reverent (faithful in his religious duties, but respects the beliefs of others).
Greenwood is all of these and what better qualities could a person have than these in the position of district judge? I wholeheartedly support and endorse Greenwood’s campaign for Southwest District judge.
Deb Nelson, Dickinson