Letter: Target Logistics takes steps to keep crew camps safe
In response to the shooting and murder Aug. 4 at another crew camp near Tioga, Target Logistics issued the following to its customers:
“Please rest assured that Target Logistics has strict security measures in place to help prevent such situations at our lodges, including:
- Facilities surrounded by perimeter fencing with controlled access.
- 24/7 staff and management on site monitoring the premises.
- Security cameras.
- Each guest is issued a proximity card for access to the lodge and his/her room.
- All vehicles on premises must have a parking permit.
- Zero tolerance for alcohol, drugs, firearms, harassment and cohabitation.
- Target Logistics staff cleans and monitors all rooms weekly. Any evidence of such wrongdoing is immediately reported to Target Logistics management and the guest’s employer.
- Guests and staff are subject to random search at any time.”
Brad Archer, Target Logistics chief operating officer, Boston