Bison fan guide traveling down for FCS championship gameFARGO — If the Frisco Experience was a trial run last year, North Dakota State fans are ready for the sequel this week with the Division I Football Championship Subdivision title game.
By: Jeff Kolpack, Forum News Service
FARGO — If the Frisco Experience was a trial run last year, North Dakota State fans are ready for the sequel this week with the Division I Football Championship Subdivision title game.
By now, everybody knows Frisco is a suburb located north of Dallas. Most people know Plano is the suburb one neighbor to the south of Frisco. If you’re headin’ south, you probably have a good idea what to do.
But if you don’t, here’s a guide based on feedback from fans splashed with some local knowledge from a couple of Bison alums.
The Friday pep fest is being held at Dr. Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, located not far from FC Dallas Stadium where NDSU will face Sam Houston State (Texas) on Saturday afternoon. Sam Houston may be the home-state team, but you’ll also be able to find a lot of green and yellow roaming in the Legacy area of Plano.
Best bars in Frisco
1. The Londoner, 5454 Main Street. Nice selection of the predictable Irish brews. The Tower of London burger is a must.
2. 3rd Base Sports Bar and Grill, 2390 Parkwood Boulevard. It has a Bison flag on the wall year-around, so enough said. It’s located across the street from Dr. Pepper Ballpark, so it may fill up fast Friday night.
3. Twin Peaks Frisco, 3475 Preston Road. Located a leisurely walk from Dr. Pepper Ballpark, it’s part of the isolated chain of Twin Peaks establishments across the country. Warning: only open until midnight on Friday.
Best bars in Plano
1. Ginger Man, 7205 Bishop Road. Located along a cool stretch of Bishop Road, it was the overflow site of Bison fans last year who couldn’t get into the crowded Friday event at the Marriott. It has a nice variety of beer and wine.
2. Gordon Biersch, 7401 Lone Star Drive. Located in the north Legacy area by the big fountain and is very popular lately. Open until 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday, but only midnight on Thursday.
3. RA Sushi Bar and Restaurant, 7501 Lone Star Drive. Good service, great food and it’s located in the fray.