Dickinson Baler Building laborer Brittany Pelling sprays water over garbage that caught fire shortly before 2 p.m. on Friday. Dickinson Solid Waste Manager Aaron Praus said two pieces of metal got tied together during baler repair and a cutting torch was used to get them apart when a spark set garbage on fire. The flames got about a foot high but employees had the fire out before firefighters arrived, Pelling said. Two ambulances were on scene and the Dickinson Fire Department also responded. Two employees went to the hospital to get checked for smoke inhalation but there were no signs of injury, Praus said. There was no damage to the Baler Building, he added.
View your ad here! Cost effective targeted advertising. Contextual advertising starting as low as $79/month. This includes targeted ad delivery and search results! Add your business to the Marketplace »