Parks and recreation board gets down to business
In a brief meeting on Monday afternoon, Dickinson's Parks and Recreation Board approved several pressing agenda items and received updates from staff members about Parks & Rec developments.
• The board approved roughly $65,000 for continued construction on the Veteran's Pavilion project in Rocky Butte Park. The pavilion is set for a February opening.
• The board approved a bid from NB Golf Cars to lease golf carts for the next four years at Heart River Golf Course. Four companies bid the project but NB's bid was chosen as it offered the cheapest bid that included the use of electronic fuel injection technology.
• The board approved a Parks & Rec workshop to take place after their meeting on Dec. 11. According to Parks Director James Kramer, the workshop will give the board a chance to plan for their work in 2018.
• The board agreed to lease out an office to Badlands Big Sticks Baseball Club in the West River Community Center for $750 a month.
• Recreation/Facilities Manager Ryan Nelson reported that the winter basketball league will begin in a few weeks at WRCC and that the number of teams has fallen since last year from eight to four on Monday nights and 14 to 11 on Wednesday nights.