Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Two men who died in Mandan suffered smoke inhalation

MANDAN, N.D. -- Two men who died in Mandan on Wednesday, June 27, suffered smoke inhalation following a fire in the residence, Mandan police said Thursday.

Officers were called to the south Mandan home at 3:20 p.m. Wednesday on a report of a welfare check and possible medical emergency. Two men, ages 30 and 62, were found dead inside the home.

Police determined there had been a fire in the home and requested the North Dakota Bureau of Investigation and the State Fire Marshal to assist with the investigation.

Preliminary autopsy findings indicate both died from the effects of smoke inhalation and there were no signs of trauma to either man, police said. The names of the victims have not yet been released.

Advertisement