Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Two injured in central ND trailer home fire

BISMARCK — Two men were transported to a hospital on Friday after an early morning trailer home fire.

Around 2:30 a.m. Friday, Sept. 7, 911 dispatch received a report of a trailer home on fire in Bismarck, according to a news release.

The home was occupied at the time the fire broke out, the release said.

Bismarck Fire Battalion Chief Kurt Leben said two adult male occupants had "significant" burn injuries and were transported to a local hospital. A woman and three young children were also in the home, but they were not injured, he said.

Fire crews found a pet cat had died in the fire, according to the release.

Greg Carr, lead chaplain for Crisis Care Chaplaincy, said he and Andy Early, the fire department's chaplain, responded to the fire and put the occupants in touch with the American Red Cross.

The fire department said the fire was started by a burning container of grease and has been classified as accidental.