Press wins multiple NDNA awards
BISMARCK — The Dickinson Press claimed a variety of awards at the North Dakota Newspaper Association, including the Sweepstakes honor for earning the most awards in its category.
Throughout editorial and advertising categories, The Press earned a total of 64 awards, including 15 first-place honors.
The Press competes in the category of daily newspapers with circulations of 12,000 or less. Other newspapers in that category include the Jamestown Sun, Williston Herald, Wahpeton Daily News, Valley City Times-Record and Devils Lake Journal.
The Press took second place in overall design excellence and third place in General Excellence category, which is based on a limited collection of newspapers throughout the year.
Editorial winners were:
- Editorial, The Press Editorial Board.
- Editorial Page, Dustin Monke.
- Headline, Klark Byrd, “Mourning walk.”
- Feature reporting, Katherine Lymn, “Meet Sheriff Coker.”
- Feature photo, Dustin Monke, “Cooling down before the show.”
- Sports reporting series, Colton Pool, “Cycling in the Dakotas.”
- Sports feature, Colton Pool, “Taking on a family tradition.”
- Sports column, Dustin Monke, “Moore set a standard for DSU athletes.”
- Reporting Series, Katherine Grandstrand, “Dust in the wind.”
- Personal column (humorous), Klark Byrd “An epic battle of man vs. wasp.”
- Personal column (series), Klark Byrd, “Bully is not new, just evolved.”
Advertising winners were:
- David Hanson, vehicle ad and political ad.
- Sonya Sacks, small space ad.
- Elizabeth Okerson, agricultural ad.