The Dickinson State Blue Hawks senior night was spoiled by the Viterbo V-Hawks on Saturday afternoon.

Down by three in the closing seconds, senior Nick Wurm launched a three pointer from right in front of the Dickinson State bench, but it was no good and Viterbo won 60-57.

It was Wurm, Kenny Jackson, Malcohm Hill, and Donte Walker’s last regular season home game.

The Blue Hawks record dropped to 8-15 and 6-5 in NSAA play.

The contest was close the whole way with neither team taking a big lead the entire game.

Viterbo went up 52-50 with just over five minutes left in the game, and the Blue Hawks never led again.

They had several chances, but they could not get over the hump.

“They did a good job of packing the paint to make it hard to get in there,” said Dickinson State head coach Josh Vaughan. “Honestly, we just missed a lot of open shots. If we had made a few more of them, it would have made them come out a little more. But our mindset was just wrong. We didn't use force to get in there. We would throw the ball around the perimeter and over dribble. It wasn’t working. They had a lot to do with that though.”

Hill recorded his second double-double of the weekend with 11 points and 12 rebounds, while Wurm led Dickinson State with 12 points.

The V-Hawks packed the paint all night long forcing the Blue Hawks to shoot from the outside.

Over 50% of their shots in each half were from three.

Dickinson State’s lead in the first half reached as many as six after a bucket by Travon Hamilton, and the Blue Hawks led by two, 29-27, at the half.

Jalon Tinnon recorded a technical foul with 13:38 left in the second half after he slammed the ball to the court in frustration, and that allowed Viterbo to go up by eight, 40-32.

The Blue Hawks bounced back, however, with a 16-4 run capped off by a steal and layup by Wurm, then another made bucket by him that made the score 48-44 in favor of Dickinson State.

Wurm, a Peru State transfer, scored his 1,000th career point as a college basketball player in the loss.

The Blue Hawks did not get to the foul line as a result of shooting a majority of their shots on the perimeter.

They went 2-5 from the charity stripe.

The Blue Hawks are on the road twice next weekend with a game at Dakota State on Friday and Bellevue on Saturday.