Blotter: Man arrested after allegedly stealing car from Burger King, sending police on chase
Man arrested after stealing car, sending police on chase A 25-year-old Dickinson man has been charged with multiple felonies after he allegedly stole a running car at Burger King on Saturday afternoon and then led police on a chase across town, D...
Man arrested after stealing car, sending police on chase
A 25-year-old Dickinson man has been charged with multiple felonies after he allegedly stole a running car at Burger King on Saturday afternoon and then led police on a chase across town, Dickinson Police Capt. David Wilkie said.
Ryan Rupp, 25 of Dickinson, was arrested on charges of theft of a motor vehicle, reckless endangerment and fleeing from law enforcement, which are all felonies. He was also charged with possession of meth paraphernalia and possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance.
Rupp allegedly stole the vehicle while it was parked and running at Burger King and drove it away. There was a pursuit that initiated onto Highway 22 heading south.
Wilkie said at some point one of the tires fell off the vehicle. Rupp pulled the vehicle into a residence where officers pinned him in and subsequently arrested Rupp.
While fleeing from police, Rupp also ran into other vehicles. However, no one was injured in the incident.
• A Dickinson resident reported to Dickinson police that a window on his pickup had been broken. The incident happened sometime between March 8 and March 9. The cause is unknown.
• A 26-year-old man from California was arrested Friday morning for giving false information to a police officer during a traffic stop on the 700 block of South Main Street. The man had an extraditable warrant out for his arrest from the state of California.
• The old St. Joseph's hospital building was reportedly vandalised on Saturday morning. The ambulance bay was spray painted. The case is under investigation.
• The restrooms at Rocky Butte Park in Dickinson were vandalised with spray paint just after midnight on Sunday. There are no suspects.
• A 53-year-old Dickinson man was arrested for failure to submit to a chemical test on the 900 block of Shinagle Drive on Sunday.
• A 40-year-old Dickinson man was arrested for allegedly stealing $570 worth of property from the AT&T store in Prairie Hills Mall on Tuesday afternoon. The man allegedly stole Samsung wireless speakers, an LG wireless headphone set and Beats wireless headphones. He also allegedly stole medication from a home earlier that day. Pills were found in his back pocket, potential charges are pending with the Stark County state's attorney office.
• A Dickinson resident accidentally discharged his weapon in his home, causing him to accidentally shoot himself in the leg on the 1800 block of Prairie Avenue on Tuesday.