Police still looking for suspect in shooting of Minot teen in ‘drug deal’
MINOT, N.D. -- Police are still looking for a suspect or suspects in the the shooting of an 18-year-old who remains hospitalized as a result of gunshot wounds sustained in what officers describe as an "illegal narcotics transaction."
The incident was reported to police at 6:23 p.m. Wednesday when a 911 call resulted in an ambulance being sent to a northwest city residence for a report of a male who had been shot.
Investigation revealed that the teenager suffered two gunshot wounds while at a nearby four-plex apartment. Despite the wounds to his hip area, the teen was able to flee the nearby location where help was summoned. Police describe the gunshot wounds as non-life-threatening.
As of late Thursday afternoon no arrest had been made in association with the incident. It is believed the victim is familiar with his assailant but police say the "victim is not 100 percent cooperative."
Police said the incident appears to be isolated and said the public is not in danger. How many rounds were fired is not known. People in the area at the time of the shooting reported hearing multiple gunshots. Fortunately, the building in which the shooting started was vacant.
Police are asking that anyone who has seen a person,vehicle, or other activity at or near the scene to share the information with them. Contact can be made to the Minot Police Department at 852-0111 or Crime Stoppers at 852-7463.