Police Blotter: Man stunned, arrested on federal warrant
Man stunned, arrested on federal warrant Police subdued and arrested Dickinson resident Frederick Taylor, 30, on the 900 block of 15th Street West around 9:30 p.m. Friday on federal warrant for distribution and intent to distribute a controlled s...
Man stunned, arrested on federal warrant
Police subdued and arrested Dickinson resident Frederick Taylor, 30, on the 900 block of 15th Street West around 9:30 p.m. Friday on federal warrant for distribution and intent to distribute a controlled substance. Officers used a stun gun and a K-9 unit as Taylor fled. They additionally charged him with fleeing law enforcement.
Man arrested for meth, pot at Wal-Mart
Dickinson resident Sterling Mayer, 21, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine, a Class C felony, as well as the misdemeanor charges of possession of meth paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and possession of marijuana paraphernalia, at Wal-Mart around 2:20 p.m. Sunday.
- Spraypaint graffiti was reported on a brick fence on the 100 block of Fifth Street West around 9:20 a.m. Friday. It follows a similar incident at the spot that was reported earlier.
- A woman reported to police at 10:45 a.m. Friday that $77 had been taken from her purse while it was lost and then recovered at the Comfort Inn. There are no suspects.
- A 42-year-old Dickinson man was transported by private vehicle to CHI St. Joseph’s Health for intoxication following a report of domestic violence at Century Apartments around 6:30 p.m. Friday. Police were subsequently called when he was being uncooperative at the hospital. The man had previously been ordered to be removed from the residence at the complex.
- A yellow Power Wheels 4-wheeler valued at $200 was reported missing Saturday afternoon from a residence on the 500 block of Fourth Street West. There is a suspect.
- Two Dickinson boys, ages 16 and 17, were referred to juvenile court after they were allegedly caught around 5:20 p.m. Saturday trying to shoplift $84.82 in merchandise from Wal-Mart.
- A 40-year-old Dickinson man was arrested for disorderly conduct and ingestion of a controlled substance after he was found crawling beneath a mobile home on the 200 block of D Street around 6:10 p.m. Saturday.
- A windshield was reported smashed out of a vehicle on the 800 block of Fifth Street West Saturday evening, causing around $500 in damage. There are no suspects.
- Some property owners reported Sunday afternoon that their shed on the 100 block of First Avenue Southwest had been broken into. Inside they found items that were not theirs, which have since gone into custody of the Dickinson Police Department’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
- Officers arrested a 32-year-old Hettinger man on outstanding warrants in Dickinson, Stark County and Adams County, as well as for possession of marijuana and giving false information to a police officer, at Wal-Mart around 8:10 p.m. Sunday.
- A 36-year-old Dickinson man was arrested at Cenex on the 300 block of 15th Street West around 11:10 p.m. Sunday for driving under the influence, as well as illegal possession of a concealed weapon when officers discovered a handgun on the front seat.
- The Taylor Fire Department extinguished a grass fire that consumed about one acre of land on the 9800 block of Highway 10 East around 1:50 p.m. Friday. It is not known how the fire started.
- Stark County Sheriff’s deputies pulled over a 27-year-old Dickinson man for expired registration on the 400 block of 10th Avenue East at 12:40 p.m. Saturday. The deputies noticed a marijuana odor, and investigation produced a pipe with marijuana residue. The man was cited and released.
- A 30-year-old Wyoming man was arrested for driving under suspension near mile marker 59 on Interstate 94 around 7:40 p.m. Sunday.