Police Blotter: Police find guns, marijuana in unoccupied motel room
Dickinson police found guns, ammunition and drugs after being called to investigate a room at the Rodeway Inn around 11 a.m. Friday afternoon. In the room, they found about 24 grams of marijuana and miscellaneous drug paraphernalia, as well as tw...
Dickinson police found guns, ammunition and drugs after being called to investigate a room at the Rodeway Inn around 11 a.m. Friday afternoon.
In the room, they found about 24 grams of marijuana and miscellaneous drug paraphernalia, as well as two handguns with more than 300 rounds of ammunition.
The room, however, was unoccupied.
The investigation has been forwarded to the state's attorney for consideration of charges, which could go as far as felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver.
In an unrelated call to police later that day, methamphetamine paraphernalia was located in a different room at Rodeway Inn.
Texas man arrested after fleeing police
Alfredo Cavares, 27, of Weslaco, Texas, was arrested around 12:35 a.m. Sunday for fleeing law enforcement officers, a Class C felony, and reckless driving, having an open container in a motor vehicle and refusing a chemical test, all of which are misdemeanors.
Officers attempted to first stop Cavares near the corner of First Street West and Third Avenue West. He drove through some stop signs before stopping on the 1000 block of First Street West.
- A sign reading "Hamburger Meats" at the Richardton business of the same name was reported stolen on Friday. The sign is valued at $3,000.
- A 24-year-old Dickinson man was cited for possession of marijuana paraphernalia during a traffic stop on the 2500 block of 10th Avenue West around 12:30 a.m. Friday. The man was a passenger in a vehicle being stopped on suspicion of drunk driving.
- The Red Roof Inn contacted Dickinson police on Friday afternoon after finding that a guest at the hotel had defecated on a bed and had left the hotel. No charges were filed.
- A 22-year-old Dickinson man allegedly stabbed his 24-year-old brother, also from Dickinson, late Friday night at the Relax Inn. He left the area before law enforcement was able to arrive. Charges are pending with state attorney's office.
- A 56-year-old Dickinson man was arrested for driving under the influence after he was found sleeping in his vehicle on the street on the 800 block of State Avenue around 10:45 p.m. Saturday.
- A 21-year-old Riverton, Wyo., man was arrested for disorderly conduct (tumultuous conduct), a Class B misdemeanor, at about 1:15 a.m. Sunday at the Paragon on West Villard Street.
- A wallet was reportedly stolen from inside a supposedly locked vehicle at Evangelical Bible Church. There are no suspects.
- A 34-year-old Dickinson man was arrested for providing false information to a police officer on the 60 block of 11th Avenue South. The man also had an outstanding warrant.
- A 20-year-old woman was issued a summons for driving under suspension and possession of marijuana paraphernalia during a traffic stop on the 600 block of Third Avenue West around 9 p.m. Sunday. Her 16-year-old passenger was cited for minor in possession of tobacco.