Police blotter: Real estate fraud reported
An individual from Texas reported Wednesday that they had been victim of a fraud, where they sent $1,000 through Western Union for a deposit on a purchase of supposed real estate after agreeing to a contract with a party. The property is actually...
An individual from Texas reported Wednesday that they had been victim of a fraud, where they sent $1,000 through Western Union for a deposit on a purchase of supposed real estate after agreeing to a contract with a party. The property is actually being sold by another party. Police believe that the fraudulent party is a Dickinson resident, and the matter is under investigation.
Erratic incidents lead to mental evaluation for man
Police were called to a report of someone pounding on a man’s apartment door on the 1400 block of 14th Street West early Thursday morning, which the man said he believed was his ex-girlfriend being assaulted by another person. When officers failed to find anyone else, the man said that they were “hiding.” Officers believed the man to be under the influence.
After they left, officers were called back to the apartment complex after the man reportedly tried to break into another apartment. He was taken to CHI St. Joseph’s Health for a mental evaluation before being detained at the Dickinson Adult Detention Center, where he awaits transportation to another facility.
- Police were notified of an incident Wednesday morning where someone had taken keys left in some clothes at the West River Community Center and stole $100 from a purse in the corresponding vehicle outside. Capt. Dave Wilkie of the Dickinson Police Department said he believes the incident is related to two similar ones reported earlier this week.
- The Oasis Motel reported Wednesday that someone had left without paying for a room charge of $770. Police are investigating the matter.
- A boy was bitten by a dog outside the West River Community Center on Wednesday afternoon, after which he was taken to CHI St. Joseph’s Health. A dog wandering the area was found and captured, but the boy did not identify it as the dog that bit him.
- A 32-year-old Dickinson man was arrested for simple assault following an incident on the 10 block of First Street Southwest around 7:20 p.m. Wednesday. He was also charged with criminal mischief after he reportedly broke windows in the residence he was in.
- A 49-year-old Hazen man was arrested for driving under the influence and driving under revocation on the 200 block of Third Avenue West around 1:50 a.m. Thursday.
- A 24-year-old Dickinson man was arrested on a Stark County warrant at the Dakota Park Condos around 5:15 p.m. Wednesday.