Police Blotter: Woman arrested in Wal-Mart bathroom for huffing
A 32-year-old Williston woman was arrested around 10 a.m. Thursday at Dickinson's Wal-Mart after huffing air duster cans she had purchased in the women's restroom, where she was found by other customers . She was charged with inhalation of volati...
- A 32-year-old Williston woman was arrested around 10 a.m. Thursday at Dickinson’s Wal-Mart after huffing air duster cans she had purchased in the women’s restroom, where she was found by other customers . She was charged with inhalation of volatile chemicals, a Class B misdemeanor.
- A Dickinson woman living on Enterprise Avenue reported unauthorized use of and damage to her vehicle on Thursday morning. She told police she knew the person who took her vehicle, which had $2,000 in damages. The case was forwarded to the Stark County state attorney’s office for consideration of charges.
- An intoxicated male was reported outside Roosevelt Elementary stumbling and talking with children shortly after noon Thursday. Dickinson police ushered him away from the school grounds.
- A 20-year-old Dickinson man was arrested for Class B misdemeanor domestic violence, simple assault on Thursday at the Law Enforcement Center after he struck a woman while doing a child exchange.
- Dickinson police and the Dickinson Ambulance Service assisted a man Friday morning on the 1800 block of Prairie Avenue after he burned himself trying to fix his vehicle.
- A 71-year-old Dickinson man was found to have died in his residence on the 1400 block of 13th Street West after a welfare check. Police believe the man died of natural causes, though the cause of death remains under investigation.
- Walmart’s loss prevention team alerted police that an 24-year-old female employee had stolen more than $300 worth of merchandise from the store and asked that she be trespassed from the building Friday night. Walmart is pursuing charges with the Stark County state attorney’s office.
- A 29-year-old Dickinson man was arrested around 11:15 p.m. Friday near the Tiger Discount truck stop after police pursued him after he allegedly stole an electric wheelchair from Walmart by loading it into his pickup 30 minutes earlier.
- The front window of a residence on 300 block of Sims was reported broken Saturday morning, causing about $100 in damage. Police have no suspects and have made no arrests.
- A 20-year-old Dickinson woman and a 38-year-old Dickinson man were cited for reckless driving on the 500 block of Second Avenue East late Saturday night.
- A 32-year-old Dickinson man was arrested for driving under the influence at the 1:20 a.m. Sunday in the T-Rex Mall parking lot.
- Police broke up a loud party on the 200 block of Kuchenski Drive around 2:20 a.m. Sunday morning and cited the renter of the residence.
- An 80-year-old Dickinson man was found deceased in his residence on the 700 block of Eighth Avenue West on Sunday afternoon. Police believe he died of natural causes.
- A rural Gladstone man reported to the Stark County Sheriff’s Office over the weekend that a welder had been stolen from a work area. The welder is valued at $500.
A resolution looking to allow the legislature to consider work requirements on the newly expanded Medicaid program is one step closer to the 2024 ballot.
With HB 1205, Reps Mike Lefor and Vicky Steiner would prohibit "sexually explicit content" in public libraries. Facing an uphill battle, the pair remain united in their commitment to see it passed.
The North Dakota Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.
Dickinson boosted revenue with 28% increase in oil impact and highest sales tax collections in 7 years
City accountant reports increases in oil impact, sales tax, hospitality tax and occupancy tax revenue during the Jan. 24 meeting, commission approves two policy amendments.